Wednesday, April 6, 2011

It's all you will ever have...


It’s all you will ever have
It stopped me in my tracks and perhaps had the biggest impact of anything that has ever happened in my life.
I have done some amazing things, experienced some pretty incredible events and been to many different places, I consider myself to be very fortunate. But this still has had the biggest impact.
It isn’t an object, it isn’t a place, it isn’t a thing, it is a saying.
I am growing weary of our obsession with inspirational quotes, thinking that the quote will actually change our lives. Yes indeed they can make us think about something and that could lead to change, but the quote, can it really change us? No, it is us that changes us, the quote is just a trigger.
Perhaps this one is my trigger for change and happiness, perhaps it will help you too.
I find this one impossible to escape from. But, in a good way. It makes you think and it will change the way you look at things.
So if you are happy, don’t want to change, or see things differently, please stop reading.
Ok, enough hype. Perhaps you will read it and nothing will change, well at least not immediately, but this will keep creeping up on you.
It isn’t, “you only live once”, but that is close,
It isn’t “whatever happens now, will not matter in 5 years..”
What is it?
This moment, is all you will ever have.
I like to add one extra thing..
So enjoy it.
We can only ever live in the moment we are in, we can’t live in the past, we can’t live in the future, we can only be in this very moment, so be in it.
Be in this moment, feel the feelings you have now, let them come, let them go.
This moment is all you ever have.
Enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment